- Hero of Chemistry Award from the American Chemical Society
- The Babcock-Hart Award, from the Institute of Food Technologists
- 16 US and International Patents Issued
- PhD in Biochemistry, University of Minnesota.
With over 24 years of research & development experience with global health care organizations and at Procter & Gamble, Dr. Mehansho is known for his work on micronutrients and nutraceuticals technology/products developments and inventions.
Dr. Mehansho has also made outstanding contributions in formulating products that efficiently deliver minerals and micronutrients that drive consumer compliance and sustained positive health outcomes earning many patents globally..
As a senior scientist and technologist, Dr. Mehansho continues to provide leadership in developing affordable products that deliver nutraceuticals, macronutrients and micronutrients to address unmet nutritional and health needs without compromising taste and effectiveness.
As a recognition to his lifelong commitment and accomplishment, Dr. Mehansho has received various awards including:
- “Heroes of Chemistry Award” from the American Chemical Society” for developing novel fortification technology
- “The Babcock-Hart Award” from the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) for improving public health through nutrition
- “Unsung Hero” from Procter & Gamble Company” for developing a technology that improves the lives of consumers.
“To me working on nutrition and health, is not only a profession but also a passion. I have witnessed family members, relatives, and millions of people all over the world their development, performance and health compromised, because of lack of foods and beverages that provide critically needed nutrients by every cell in our body to perform, grow, regenerate, and defend from inside and outside agents that cause diseases. That is why I have committed my life (about 40 years) working on nutrition and health to make a difference in people’s lives through foods and/or bio-actives in foods.”